ART OF MEHNDI

The Art
The Gallery
Our Events

INFORMATION

Views On Brews
Black Henna Warning
News

SALES

Henna
Kits
Accessories
Curios
Search The World

CONTACT US

Contact us
Artists in Your Area
Links

MY SON'S HOLIDAY TATTOO HAS BADLY SCARRED HIM

 

This article was published in 'Woman' magazine (uk) in the middle of January 2002



Cherie Draper's five year old son Reece insisted on having a henna
tattoo while on holiday last year in Spain But the seamingly
innocent, temporary tattoo may have left him with a perminant scar.

"We went to Majorca in September and Reece begged me to have a
tattoo. He'd had one done at home and all the other children were
having them done in Spain So he used all his spending money - 15 -
to have a dragon on his stomach and tow others on the tops of his
arms," says Cherie, 30, from Malden in Essex. ' He had them done the
day before we came home and they seemed fine,' adds Cherie, who also
has a daughter Stacy. nine 'We'd only been home for a couple of days
when Reece' skin started bubbling and blistering. He complained of it
itching too. After four days the whole dragon design was raised up
and really red and angry. he looked like he'd fallen into stinging
nettles.'

Cherie took him to the doctor who told her the henna tattoo was too
strong for Reeces skin, had burned him and become infected. Reece was
given antibiotics and a medicated cream to take away the itchingand
bring down the swelling. 'It took six weeks before it calmed down,'
says Cherie. 'We can still see the whole print of the tattoo on his
sromach. By the look of it I'm afraid the scar's perminent.'

Cherie warns other parents to be cautious when letting thier children
have henna tattoo. if anyone in the family has had a bad reaction to
one or if your child has skin allergies or sensitivities, think
carefully before allowing them to have a henna tattoo. Also check out
exactly what sort of products will be used.

We sent the journalist Helene Ferger, a fax explaining to her that her article was incorrect and that the little boy Reece, infact suffered a 'black henna' burn and that his injury was NOT caused by natural henna .

We are still waitng a reply.